History of Nippon Steel Pipe America, Inc.
(Formerly Seymour Tubing, INC.)
- March 1989 – Founding owners were Nippon Pipe Co. (50%), Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. (30%) and Mitsui & Co., Ltd (20%)
- April 1989 – Groundbreaking of Seymour Tubing, Inc., now known as NIPPON STEEL PIPE AMERICA, INC.
- March 1990 – Production began in Cold Draw (DOM) and on Cutting & Chamfering equipment and processes
- February 1991 – Added HFW(High Frequency Welding) Mill 1 and expanded Cutting and Chamfering processes and capacity
- March 1993 – Began operation of HFW Mill 2
- April 1995 – Expanded Bush cutting and chamfering processes and capacity
- August 1998 – Addition of HFW Mill 3
- 1999 – Sumitomo Pipe & Tube Co., Ltd. acquired Nippon Pipe Co’s. shares for total shares of 80% while Mitsui & Co, Ltd. maintained 20%
- 1999-2000 – Added Bush Forming Department within existing square footage
- November 2000 – Established and opened Seymour Tubing, Inc. of Dunlap, TN
- September 2009 – During the economic downturn of 2008 and 2009 the Dunlap, TN plant was closed and consolidated into the Seymour, IN facility
- April 2010 – May 2011 – The Plan 30 Project combined the former Dunlap, TN operations into Seymour, IN operations
- July 2012 – July 2013 – Expansion Project
- July 2013 – Havens and HFW Mill 2 were relocated to our new addition and HFW Mill 4 was relocated to Mill 2’s former location
- October 2013 – Ownership changed to Nippon Steel & Sumikin Pipe Co., Ltd. and Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
- 2013-2014 – Added Rattunde 601 & 602 to Recut Department
- March 2017 – Sumitomo Corporation took over Mitsui & Co., Ltd. shares
- 2018 – Added Rattunde 603 to Bushing Department
- April 2019 – Name changed from Seymour Tubing, Inc. to NIPPON STEEL PIPE AMERICA, INC.
- April 2019 – 30 Year Anniversary
SIGNIFICANCE OF NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION SYMBOL MARK
The triangle in the logo represents a blast furnace and the people who make steel. It reflects the fact that steel, indispensable for civilization, brightens the world. The center point can be viewed as a peak, which represents the best steelmaker. It can also be viewed as the destination of a road, which represents the unlimited future of steel as a material. The blue color represents leading technology and reliability.
Spirit and passion incorporated in the symbol mark:
♦ To become the Best Steelmaker with World-leading Capabilities
♦ To aim for the top
♦ To foresee the great potential in the future
- Established – March 1989 (Start-up: February 1990)
- Headquarters – 1515 E. 4th St. Rd., Seymour, IN 47274
- Sales office – 4445 Lake Forest Drive #164, Blue Ash, OH 45242
- Paid capital – $10 million
- Shareholder – NIPPON STEEL PIPE CO., LTD. (80%) and Sumitomo Corporation (20%)
- Net sales amount – $140 Million
- Number of employees – 470
- Business – Manufacture and sale of High Frequency Welding & Cold Drawn mechanical tube made of carbon and stainless steel
- Land area – 31.8 acres (Building area 10.1 acres)
NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION
NIPPON STEEL PIPE CO, LTD
Name change April 2019 from Seymour Tubing, Inc.
to NIPPON STEEL PIPE AMERICA, INC